San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, nestled between the Sea of Cortez and the mountains, offers numerous activities both on shore and in the water. Awaiting you are soft sand beaches, two world class marinas, and an 18 hole, par 72 championship golf course. Whether you’re looking for a lazy day on a secluded beach or want to hike, scuba dive and listen to live music all in one day — we have it all!
Check out some photos and videos and start exploring San Carlos.
Where is San Carlos Mexico? San Carlos Sonora is in northern Mexico, on the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez). We are an easy 4 hour drive south of the Arizona border. It takes about 5 hours to drive from Tucson.
Where to Eat
San Carlos Sonora has dozens of excellent restaurants, bars and nightclubs. From tacos to fine dining, there’s something to please even the most discerning palate.
Where to Stay
There are also many homes for sale. Visit San Carlos Real Estate and talk to a licensed realtor for more information.
Plan your trip to San Carlos
What’s Up San Carlos is your online resource for Guaymas and San Carlos Weather, including daily temperatures, monthly averages, Sea of Cortez marine weather, tide and current predictors, satellite images, solunar table, sunrise, sunset and storm warnings.
Whether you’re flying, driving or arriving by bus or cruise ship, we have resources to help you plan your trip to San Carlos and Guaymas Mexico, including maps of San Carlos Mexico showing where to eat and where to stay. If you’re driving, remember that you need Mexico Car Insurance.
Do you need a passport to go to Mexico? Yes! Read about Mexico’s passport and entry requirements.
If you’re driving, keep the number for the Green Angels handy. Call 078 to ask for help and road-side assistance from the Green Angels.
Is it safe to travel to Mexico? Yes! Read first-hand accounts of traveling to and living in our little slice of paradise.
What to Do in San Carlos, Mexico
- San Carlos Mexico has great fishing in the Sea of Cortez. Read the fishing guide and weekly fishing report here. You can even try your luck in one of the many fishing tournaments.
- Mirador: for a beautiful view of the coast and Tetakawi. From the Mirador, you can spot lots of marine life such as whales, mobula rays and dolphins. It’s also a great place to watch the sun set.
- Nacapule Canyon
- San Pedro Island
- Events and entertainment
- Water activities (diving, kayaking, boating, paddle boarding, kite boarding, flyboarding, etc)
- Pickleball and tennis
- Golf. Sign-up for one of the many golf tournaments and join the men’s or women’s league.
- Explore Guaymas
- Eat, drink and nightlife
- More Things to Do … year-round outdoor adventures like hike, bike, ATV, horseback ride.
What’s Up San Carlos Newsletter
Visit the Business Directory to find local businesses like dentists, realtors, hair salons, storage, gyms and much more.
Travel to safe, fun and affordable San Carlos, Sonora Mexico
What’s up San Carlos? Come find out for yourself … Make San Carlos Sonora Mexico your next vacation destination.